Monday, May 17, 2010

Jesus be first...

Jesus, Be First in Everything


Jesus, be first in everything, our Savior, risen Lord!
Jesus, the One alone supreme, be everywhere adored
Jesus, the One for whom was made the universe so vast;
God's mighty power lives in you, O Christ, the first and last.

Head of the church, you died for us- Your precious blood was shed;
Jesus, through you we come to God, O firstborn from the dead.
Jesus, You break the barriers down, O reconciling King
You have the right to wear the crown, supreme in everything.

( this is my favorite verse!)
Jesus, be first in word and deed- in thought and motive too;
Fulfill your purpose in our hearts, creating all things new.
Jesus, the glorious day will come when every knee shall bow.
Help us to bring your kingdom near by telling others now.


I love this song! ( to the tune of Alsa, and did my savior bleed)

5 comments:

Micah Man said...

Love this song too! Amazing lyrics!! Thanks for posting it, Jenn!!

~Micah

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

very beautiful! great prayer

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

Oh Jenn I just thought I should tell you. After posting the other comment. I sang the song and while singing It remind me of what my friend wrote on her blog today. I though you might like to read it.
here is the link:

http://leaningonjesussafefromallalarms.blogspot.com

my friend really wants more blogger pals so... I thought of you. The only ones who go on her blog are me and Hannah. She is the same age as you. she is really great friend that me and hannah have known for 14 years. I think you would like her.
~Grace

Jennifer said...

ok, I'll go check it out! thanks for letting me know Grace! :-)

~Jenn

Trusting in Jesus said...

I loved your blog so far.
~ God Bless ~
Trusting in Jesus