Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Skratches

Today I tried helping a hen out by feeding it because for a while now she doesn't come down from the roosting poles and she all most looks sick. So, like I said I fed it up on the roost.... but then the 'others' noticed that 'she' was getting feed and they want some. Then all the others started jumping up on the roost, at first one jumped up so i just got some food in my other hen so she would not bother the other. Pretty soon there were six up there and I couldn't keep them away so I started taking them down one by one. But they were all facing me and didn't know what I was doing so they got there wings out of my grasp and started flapping.

I got them all down so I started feeding the hen again....here we go again....one, two, and three birds jumped up and tried to get the food. This time I didn't bother getting them down I just put my hand on the roost so they wouldn't get away..GREAT IDEA RIGHT???.... NO I had two birds ON my arm. SO this time I had to get them down one at a time, wings flapping and everything.


Know I have some very red scratches and they !!!!



You can't it very well but trust me they're there.
:-)

I a little bit I'm going to 'Worship Practice' at church. I better go feed chickens... Have a good day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You'll have to get one of those leather arm/hand guards folks wear when they handle hawks and other big claw birds!!!!